Friday 4 January 2013

Business Development Tip 5 - Standing out from the crowd


One of the implications of the recession, is that most businesses are conscious that they can't be complacent and expect to be successful, (as many did until 2007). This has affected our marketing efforts because most of us recognise the need to continuously deliver on a variety of methods of marketing, including:
  • A social media presence and strategy. 
  • Strategic networking. 
  • Cold-calling / Direct telephone marketing. 
  • Regular E-shots.
  • Attraction of local and national press.
  • Advertising in relevant literature....
(the list is endless, but let's move on with the point of this post!)

If you currently deliver on all of the above, you can congratulate yourself that you are at least doing what most of your competitors are doing. But unfortunately, if your competitors are doing the same as you, how will your message get noticed and remembered? And how can you deliver on the above strategies, yet deliver them in a way which is different?

Tip 1) Consider the things that annoy you when your suppliers contact you and work out how you could deliver the same thing, but in an imaginative way. For example, one of my gripes, is the vast number of bland and generic Christmas cards I receive from my suppliers in December, so I do something different.

Tip 2) Identify the parts of marketing, where most companies regardless of industry, do the same thing in the same way ... then ensure you do something different. For example, when I connect with people on Linkedin, or I invite others to connect with me, I am very rarely thanked, so I ensure I communicate my thanks to each connection.

In order to be successful in 2013, you do need to manage a consistent and multi-faceted, marketing machine. But to stand out from the crowd, so that you get the best results, your machine has to look different from all the others.

Call me - 0121 420 3457 / 07760 444 946
Email me - enquiries@impactlife.co.uk
Connect with me on Linkedin - http://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewpain
Like me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ImpactLifeUK
Follow me on twitter - www.twitter.com/andrewpain1974
Check out my website - www.impactlife.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment