Wednesday 6 March 2013

Business Development Tip: Turning services into products


I used to promote my time management sessions as...yes, you guessed it....Time Management. That's it, no punch-line, no hook and no groovy title!  

I had designed my time management sessions so they could be experienced in half and full-day workshops, as well as two hour-long soundbites and they all followed my unique 5 principle process:

1) Time Planning 

2) Prioritising

3) Decisiveness

4) Delegation

5) Boundaries

The sessions evaluated really well when I delivered them, but unsurprisingly, with such a bland and unimaginative title (Time Management), it was always difficult to attract fresh interest. So I reflected on the branding and subsequently renamed my time management work as:

Clockwise - 5 great time management principles, so you get more done, more often, more easily.

The title is original, it contains a clever play on words, and the accompanying tag line says something about the workshop and how you will benefit from attending. It's no coincidence that it's now easier to secure fresh bookings for the Clockwise brand rather than the old Time Management brand.

Whatever your business does, whatever the product or service, whether you deliver recruitment, accountancy, legal, training, cleaning or any kind of service, branding your offerings so they become desirable products, will make a huge difference to your ability to sell them. 

Thanks for reading

I help businesses become more profitable by developing their people: 

Call me - 0121 420 3457 / 07760 444 946
Email me - enquiries@impactlife.co.uk
Connect with me on Linkedin - http://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewpain
Like me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ImpactLifeUK
Follow me on twitter - www.twitter.com/andrewpain1974
Check out my website - www.impactlife.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment